Hey, where were you last Wednesday? Sipping free mojitos with your future boss? Trading tips with talented peers? Getting your name on the radar through the power of personality? That’s what the members of Ad 2 DC were doing, and we want you to be there too.
Get off that laptop and take your career to the next level. Join Ad 2 DC! We are the region’s premier organization of young professionals in the advertising and marketing fields (ages 18-32). We’re the young professionals of the DC Ad Club and a part of the American Advertising Federation. We offer members unlimited access to an expansive network of influential thought leaders in the industry. You’ll hang out with top designers, writers, account execs and strategists… or better yet, you can become one, by joining the Ad 2 DC team.
It’s easy. You can do it on an intern’s budget, and the perks roll in.
So you’re still in school? Perfect. Ad 2 DC makes it easy for first-timers to get out and work the room. As a student member, you’ll have instant access to talented professionals at all career levels who are willing and able to answer questions and offer industry insight that isn’t available in the classroom.
Interested in scoring an internship at a top creative agency? Done. Want to find a job after graduation? Then join already. Benefits include:
- FREE access to our Tips & Tricks series, our signature programs sharing insights to help you gain an advantage.
- Discount prices to our premium industry events hosted by Ad 2 DC and DC Ad Club. Last year’s speakers included:
- Chrissy Faessen, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Rock the Vote
- Beth Beck, Space Operations Outreach Manager, NASA
- TC Conway, Director of Innovative Marketing, Discovery Channel
- Dr. Mark Drapeau, Director of Innovative Social Engagement, Microsoft U.S. Public Sector
- Access to our FREE networking event Water Cooler Wednesday. Past events have been sponsored by Hulu and ESPN.
- 75% off of the DC Ad Club membership rate. Just $35.00 a year. Click to join.
Recent Graduates Perks
Ok, you’ve walked the aisle, but you still have that tassel hanging on your rearview? Toss it in the glove box, and parallel park that college mindset back at 14th and U. Now’s the time to embrace the opportunities that your major in marketing – or design, or English, or whatever – can and will provide. Join Ad 2 DC! You’ll have an instant network of working professionals at your fingertips – people who’ve been in your shoes, who can offer actual real-world insight on the same industry you wrote so many lame papers about last year.
Looking to land the sweetest job ever? Doesn’t hurt to make some friends. As a recent grad, you’ll receive the same benefits as student members, plus:
- Information on top industry trends.
- Opportunities to build your portfolio
- Public Service: Each year, Ad 2 DC donates a year’s worth of advertising services to a deserving local non-profit through our Public Service committee. The committee forms an “agency” to create, develop and execute an advertising/marketing campaign based on the chosen client’s needs. The work is then featured in a national competition with other Ad 2 clubs from around the country.
- Get half off the DC Ad Club Membership rate – just $75 a year. Click to join!
Advantages for Young Professionals
Maybe you’ve punched the clock for a few years, loosened that tie at 5:05 every day and said, “Damn, I’ve got to find some kind of networking group that really gets me.” Ladies and gentlemen, now you’ll have a place to talk about responsive design, app dev, managing expectations, and which social media infographic killed it on Mashable this week. Seriously, it’s you young professionals that are the lifeblood of Ad 2 DC. You’re the talent that pushes the papers, that clicks the mice, that shakes the hands and makes actual, impactful, relevant, insightful advances in our art and craft. YOU should join Ad 2 DC.
Your top-tier membership will include all of the benefits of the student/grad members, plus:
- Access to industry leaders, from Creative and Account Directors to CEOs.
- Leadership opportunities to increase your personal brand awareness in the D.C. job market.
- Access to annual and mid-year professional development conferences with Ad 2 National.
Ready to join? Click here to submit your application today!